MEG Consulting Limited, located in Richmond, BC, is looking for an Senior Geotechnical Engineer to work within a team of junior, intermediate and senior engineers. M+EG is a privately-owned consulting company specializing in geotechnical engineering and applied geophysics. We are involved in numerous large projects both locally and overseas. We have our own soils testing laboratory including specialist state-of-art dynamic testing facilities.
Responsibilities may include but will not be limited to:
• Provide geotechnical engineering and project management for a wide variety of offshore/onshore geotechnical investigations including project control, technical specifications, field and laboratory supervision and design/design review.
• Completing geotechnical site investigations, analyses, design, and construction supervision.
• Geotechnical engineering recommendations regarding (but not limited to) seismic analysis, soil mechanics, soil and rock engineering parameters, deep and shallow foundations, soil dynamic parameters and site development.
• Preparation of Technical Reports.
• Mentorship, training and supervision for junior/intermediate staff.
We are interested in people who have the ability to think and act independently, while accepting direction if and where necessary. You are enthusiastic, resourceful, organized, and detail oriented. You demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate effectively and to proactively respond to time-sensitive issues.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
• Masters or Ph.D. qualification with a specialization in Geotechnical/ Geological/ Civil engineering.
• 5 + years of relevant working experience and project management.
• Strong project management skills.
• Currently registered or eligible for registration as a P.Eng with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia.
• Experience managing large geotechnical projects and good understanding of design and analyses.
• Good written and oral communication skills in English.
• Valid driver’s license.
We are willing to provide significant incentives to candidates who satisfy the above requirements.
We offer a challenging work environment, competitive conditions, medical trust and bonus scheme. All applications will be treated in confidence. Please send your resume to Shelley Asmundson at email@example.com