MEG Consulting Limited, located in Richmond, BC, is looking for an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer to work within a team of junior, intermediate and senior engineers. M+EG is a privately-owned consulting company specializing in geotechnical engineering. We are involved in numerous large projects both locally and overseas. We have our own soils testing laboratory including specialist state-of-art dynamic testing facilities.
Responsibilities may include but will not be limited to:
• Manage and conduct geotechnical investigations.
• Undertake a wide variety of geotechnical designs that may include ground improvement programs, foundation design, stability assessments, retaining structures.
• Project management and liaison with clients.
• Preparation and/or review of technical reports.
• Direction/Supervision of junior staff to meet project schedules and deliverables.
• Coordinating soil testing program in our laboratory.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
• University graduate with a degree in Geotechnical/ Geological/ Civil engineering, (Master’s preferred).
• About 5 years of relevant working experience.
• Strong project management skills.
• Currently registered or eligible for registration as a P.Eng with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia.
• Knowledge of geotechnical modeling using commonly used geotechnical programs.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD.
• Good written and oral communication skills in English.
• Valid driver’s license.
We offer a challenging work environment, competitive conditions, medical trust and bonus scheme. All applications will be treated in confidence. Please send your resume to Shelley Asmundson at email@example.com