MEG Consulting Limited, located in Richmond, BC, is looking for Senior Geotechnical Engineer fluent in Spanish to work within a team of junior, intermediate and senior engineers. M+EG is a privately-owned consulting company specializing in geotechnical engineering and applied geophysics. We are involved in numerous large projects both locally and overseas. We have our own soils testing laboratory including specialist state-of-art dynamic testing facilities.
This position is for an eight month contract with the option for full time employment. The contract will start September/October.
Responsibilities may include but will not be limited to:
• Provide geotechnical engineering and project management for a wide variety of offshore/onshore geotechnical investigations including project control, technical specifications, field and laboratory supervision and design/design review.
• Completing geotechnical site investigations, analyses, design, and construction supervision.
• Geotechnical engineering recommendations regarding (but not limited to) site characterization, seismic analysis, soil mechanics, soil and rock engineering parameters, deep and shallow foundations, soil dynamic parameters and pile foundation design.
• Preparation of Technical Reports.
• Mentorship, training and supervision for junior/intermediate staff.
We are interested in people who have the ability to think and act independently, while accepting direction if and where necessary. You are enthusiastic, resourceful, organized, and detail oriented. You demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate effectively and to proactively respond to time-sensitive issues.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
• Masters or Ph.D. qualification with a specialization in Geotechnical/ Geological/ Civil engineering.
• 5 + years of relevant working experience and project management.
• Offshore geotechnical would be an advantage.
• Experience managing large geotechnical projects and good understanding of design and analyses.
• Good written and oral communication skills in Spanish and English.
Must have permanent residency status in Canada.
We offer a challenging work environment, competitive conditions, medical trust and bonus scheme. All applications will be treated in confidence. Please send your resume to Shelley Asmundson at firstname.lastname@example.org