MEG Consulting Limited, located in Richmond, BC, is looking for an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer fluent in Spanish to work within a team of junior, intermediate and senior engineers. M+EG is a privately-owned consulting company specializing in geotechnical engineering. We are involved in numerous large projects both locally and overseas. We have our own soils testing laboratory including specialist state-of-art dynamic testing facilities.
This position is for an eight month contract with the option for full time employment. The contract will start September/October.
Responsibilities may include but will not be limited to:
• Provide geotechnical engineering and project management for a wide variety of offshore/onshore geotechnical investigations including project control, technical specifications, and design/design review.
• Geotechnical engineering recommendations regarding (but not limited to) seismic analysis, soil mechanics, soil and rock engineering parameters, deep and shallow foundations, soil dynamic parameters, pile foundation design and site development.
• Preparation of Technical Reports.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
• University graduate with a degree in Geotechnical/ Geological/ Civil engineering, (Master’s preferred).
• About 5 years of relevant working experience.
• Strong project management skills.
• Offshore geotechnical would be an advantage.
• Good written and oral communication skills in Spanish and in English.
Must have permanent residency status in Canada.
We offer a challenging work environment, competitive conditions, medical trust and bonus scheme. All applications will be treated in confidence. Please send your resume to Shelley Asmundson at email@example.com